Isn't this the cutest little shepherd boy you've ever seen? Well, at least I think so, and probably because this young shepherd is my grandson, Magnus! We had the annual Goodman Christmas nativity play with most of the youngest grandchildren and great-grandchildren of my mother-in-law Ethel, participating. This year's performance was one of the best with music, lights, and action. We did miss those who couldn't come.

Here's the whole acting company, only one little shepherd, Jake (my #3 grandson) had a hard time staying up on the stage until all the songs were sung and the words were spoken which lasted about 20 minutes. Each child was so excited and content to play their part. Sam and Dailan were two of the three kings this year. We have been doing this since my children were tiny. It used to be in our homes, but now we have to have it at the church there are so many of us!

I must say Christmas was a little different for me this year. There were some really good parts, and some really not so good parts. But, now it's time to prepare for 2010, a new year! And I'm excited because beginning a new year is like waking up in the morning to a fresh start, a rebirth. It's not just another day, it's a new year!
7 comments:
That had to be so fun! I would like to start that tradition in our family, maybe next year!!
Happy New Year Linda! :)
I really believe that this is going to be a great year! Love, Robin
That is so awesome! What a fun family tradition!
Cheers to that!!
A fresh start, a rebirth a new year!!
The live nativity with nieces and nephews was one of the things we missed this year. I love the pictures they are so cute in their costumes. That is an awesome tradition--and awesome that you have kept it going for so long!
I hope this is a wonderful year for you and your family!
Love ya!
What a fun tradition. My heart goes out to you and I just want you to know that I love you. Thank you for being you.
I don't know whose little boy the shepherd is, but he looks JUST LIKE I remember Gens looking in 1983. Is he Gens' son?
Post a Comment