I got to play grandma to Sam and Jake this weekend. We had so much fun playing in the backyard and in the mud! Remember the days of mud pies and cakes? Why is it that grandmas make more time for play than moms do? Listen up you moms of young ones out there--take the time to play with your little ones. I regret that I didn't, or at least I don't remember if I did. It seems like we were always rushing to this or that practice, appointment, rehearsal, etc.
Grandma did take some time for herself after the parents came home, of course. I went rock climbing, something I have wanted to try for a long time. It was unnerving and fun!! I plan on doing it again in the very near future so I won't forget what I learned at the rock climbing gym.

6 comments:
LOL Of course you made time to play with your kids . . .I'm sure of it! Don't worry if your kids don't remember. I'm beginning it think all that time was wasted because my kids can't remember anything that we did on a regular basis. Maybe that's why they don't remember, it wasn't out of the ordinary.
Yes you are a very lucky grandma and those are some VERY lucky grandkids . . . not just any grandma will play in the mud!!!
you are so fun! They are lucky to have such a cool grandma like you!
I'm sure you're such a cool grandma! Love the rock wall - you go girl!
THe rock climbing Grandma! I am impressed. I have always wanted to try that myself.
What a fun Grandma you are! We have been getting so much rain here that I have been avoiding the mud pies! It's true there is never enough time for play! Thanks for the reminder.
You are so adventurous!! I'm nervous just looking at your climbing pics!
i would love to see them. and i bet tom would love to ride with them (i'm way too slow right now). how fun. i am so jealous of my friends doing the race, but kind of not because i can barely keep up without that training. i am committed to doing it, but i at least have to wait until the babe is in pre-school. maybe 1213 or 1214. are you going to come out and watch rachel? i am so impressed with her. give them my number 435-773-3774.
Post a Comment