I am leg #10 out of the 12 runners which means I will run 7 miles the first leg, 6.2 miles the second leg, and 3 miles the third time I run. That is a grand total of 16.2 miles over a 24 hour time period. Yeah, I know, it's a lot.
When I first read the information, I swear I had chills running up and down my spine. I knew
I was meant to run in this race. Well, the chills are gone, and all I feel like doing now is THROWING UP!! I have been training, sort of, at least I have been running most days for a couple of weeks. Ok, maybe that's not good enough. I do know the 5 - 7 miles runs have been hard. I'm thinking the first leg will be ok (mostly downhill), the second will be the hardest, and the third kind of easy because it's only three miles. My son Nick is the team leader (the team is his business, Durapulse Performance Company), and Shaila is on the team as well. No pressure or anything. My attitude at this point is to just do my best, and if I have to walk, then I'll walk. I still feel like throwing up!

16 comments:
Its just opening night jitters! You can do it. Your best will be good enough!
You can totally do it! I still get the nervous throw up feeling every time I'm in a running event.
That sounds fun! What a great thing to be able to share with your kids!
wow, that is amazing. What an incredible test of endurance. Once you finish it you will think you can do anything!!! I am so excited for you. We will be cheering you on!! What a great source of strength you are for all of us!! Yeah!
That sounds like a great time with your kids. You are amazing--you've inspired me and I am trying to start running myself--I am going slow but am noticing improvement.
You are my hero! I love reading about your successes and even your setbacks. I still want to be like you when I grow up!
You can do it Aunt Linda! I'm a little nervous for you. But you'll make it through. Good luck!
That's awesome. You will do great. :)
Good luck Aunt Linda! A bunch of people from our ward did the Ragnar a couple of years ago and a few even did it again the next year! :)
you'll do awesome!!! i'm excite to hear how it went. i am excited for our little realy up here, but it is nothing compared to yours. btw, i may need some advice from you. i just called as yw president!! i am so overwhelmed. i haven't ever been in yw's since i was one. and i figure since you were the best yw president ever, you've got to have some good advice. anything you want to share would be great.
ummmmm... YOU forgot my CHICKEN ENCHILADAS! :)
I'd love it thanks!!
You are amazing! Since you've done one marathan...this will be a snap!
You are going to do great. I know it!! can't wait to read your post on how it all went. Know that you have family in Pahrump cheering for you.
Hi Linda, hope it went well. Let us! all know when yo get back and if you have a new grandson to greet!
My brother in law did this race! How did you do? He's hurting today. You?
Post a Comment