Monday, September 14, 2009
El Paso, Texas
This isn't a picture of El Paso, but a "dear" family in Ruidoso, New Mexico, a side trip I took with Gens and his family while visiting with them in El Paso. We saw at least 50 deer along the side of the road, in the yards of mountain cabins, in the woods, all over. The kids loved it. We also saw four wild turkey.
I drove to El Paso (only about 5 hours from Tucson) to get a "grandma fix" with my three little grandsons. What a treat for me! I don't know that any mother ever feels like they would win the "mother of the year" award. I certainly don't, but being a grandma kind of reduces the pain of that thought. There aren't the expectations either way. Grandchildren just want the grandparents to love them, and grandparents freely give that love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Looks like fun! I am glad you were able to have a good time. I missed you though!
Good ole El Paso. Born there and haven't been back in a few years. Glad you had such a good time with your grandkids!
We used to spend summers in the mountains outside of El Paso "deer hunting" - meaning see how many deer we can see in one night! It is one of my favorite memories.
Ahhh, nothing like a grandchild fix to cheer you up. I know it does me!!
Sounds like you had fun. I love that picture of the deer. It's a really good one. :)
Post a Comment