Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Writing for Therapy

I have been keeping a journal for many years, on and off since 1974, but consistently since 1999.  Journals help keep me sane.  And now I blog weekly as well as continue writing in my journal, almost daily.  For me journaling and blogging are therapy because I can and I try to express myself (spill my guts), to get those feelings on paper.

A few years ago, Nick, Anders and I helped Nicci and Gens move back to Erie, Pa.  Although Gens was in Texas for Army camp, so not much help there.  Before we even got to Wilcox, Arizona there was one thing after another that went wrong, and I don't do wrong very well.  I didn't want my daughter-in-law, their German Shepherd, or my grandson to think I was a shrew so I thought to myself, "the only way I'm going to get through this cross country move is to write things down everyday to vent my frustration."  It really worked.  I started laughing at all the crazy things that happened like U-Hauls breaking down, flat tires, smoking cars, pet dog dressed up like an ugly child to get into the motel, sitting in the back seat in a 6 inch square piece of seat for two thousand miles, etc.  I wrote, and I wrote.

I find blogging to be just as therapeutic and fun because I get to share with others what is going on in my life.  Perhaps sometimes I might say too much, but if my experiences can help another as well as me, then I will write.  I have started another blog.  It is a release from pain, and a way to try and figure things out.  It's not private and in fact I want others who may be in a similar situation to read it, make comments, and hopefully find some comfort.  But it does put me in a very vulnerable place.

So to any who may read "Linda Goodman's Blog of Good Gripes and Other Stuff" you are welcome to read childreninprison.blogspot.com.  And if you know anyone who is experiencing what I am, please give them the link so they can read or comment if they would like.  I do not want to use our family's name, nor will my profile be accessible.  

I want you to know how much I enjoy, learn, and grow from reading your blog posts.  They truly are inspirational.

   

8 comments:

Sheffer's said...

Once again, you make me hope that I can be like you "when I grow up." ;) You are an amazing woman of faith, and I feel so blessed to know you.

Mariah said...

Reading your words of wisdom is therapy for me. We're having a crappy evening and I appreciate you and your willingness to share your insights.

Sharron said...

Well Linda, You are an inspiration, once again. I am so thankful for you and your friendship for these many years. I know it probably adds pressure for everyone to say this and I am sorry for that, but you do teach in all that you do, even on those down days. Thank you for all you do, and all that you are! Love you!

Dunklees said...

You are such an inspiration to so many - one of them being me! I'm glad you continue to write and are so willing to share!

The Goodman Family said...

That must have been a FUN trip!

I sit back and laugh about that trip too...THANKS GENS for all your help!!

Sandi and Curtis said...

I had no idea of all you are dealing with. Thanks for sharing...I do know people who are dealing with issues in their lives similar to this.

dhillman said...

I love you Linda

Robin and Larry said...

hmmmm..... I always wondered what you are always writing.. let's see.. the year 2002 might be interesting.. lol!
the GOOD.. the BAD... and the UGLY!
FRIENDS FOREVER GOODMAN!:)