Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year!

Here are some of my favorite pictures from the holidays.  Xela and Chris made a gingerbread house with all the candy trimmings.  And not one piece of candy has been eaten yet!  The frosting is so hard it's impossible to get any off.

We spent Christmas Eve with Nick Jr and his family.  The boys had fun wearing the new Santa suit Nick Jr got for Christmas.  Shouldn't every family own a Santa suit?
Chris and Xela
Xela and Samta Clause (Sam)
Samta Clause, and Jake Kringle
The week before Christmas I spent time with the El Paso grandsons teaching them new tricks!
Magnus learning a new skill.




Soren loves his Kanji dog

Mag the rock climber, and Soren the belayer!



I spent this day, December 31st, reading my 2010 journal. Lot's of ups and downs, disappointments, and tender mercies.  I noticed that the hardest days were those days when I wasn't pleased with myself, not those days that brought sadness from the "arm of flesh."  If my personal life is out of sync, like I'm not following goals, commitments, etc. then I have difficulty meeting other challenges head on with faith, with strength, with peace.  So my motto is:
 2010
I don't want to do again.
2011
  will be like heaven!   

My love to each and all of you.  You are remarkable, you are worthwhile, you are valuable! May 2011 be for you a bit of Heaven.

3 comments:

Sharron said...

That is interesting what you noticed in your journal. Bet most of us would find the same, if we journaled . . . makes a body think.

Hope you have a good year

John and Becky Bowler said...

Looks like you have been super busy with family! Sheila looks great. I really like your motto for the year. :)

Dunklees said...

Love the pictures! Thank you for your words of encouragement!