Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Help and Other Stuff!

1.  If you'll notice there isn't a picture with this post because I need a new camera!  My iphone takes pictures and they aren't too bad unless the lighting is poor.  So, I'm in the market for a new digital camera.  Any suggestions?  I want something simple and under $200.  My old Olympus camera used XD memory cards, but I read that those are now obsolete, dang!  I have three of them.

2.  I don't want to live in Denver.  I was there last weekend for my oldest brother's wedding and it is way too cold for me.

3.  I am getting ready for the Sedona Half-marathon in two weeks (gulp!).  And when I say ready that means looking at the calendar realizing it's going to be here way too soon.  I've decided to treat it like a long hike instead of a race.  I think I must be crazy!

4.  I tend to hibernate in the winter, even here in the desert.  Does anyone else do that?  I sleep longer, read a lot, and eat too much, exercise too little.

5.  I really enjoy having Xela living at home right now.  She is fun, wise, and kind to the down trodden.

6.  I've decided to be a better citizen of the United States of America.  I'm going to listen to our President and other leaders FIRST before blasting them just because they belong to a different political party.  I have spent too much time and effort the past couple of years criticizing and disagreeing before thinking.

7.  Heavenly Father respects our agency.  He will not force us to change, to accept His laws or will, and He is not pleased when any of His children use intimidation or force to change another one of His children.  I'm not sure He is even pleased when we use force or negative (evil) means to try and change ourselves.     

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

I have been playing catch up with your posts. I always enjoy hearing what goal or upcoming race you are working towards. I always want to improve myself and am inspired to hear about others doing the same. Hope you had wonderful holidays...and fun at Uncle Bucks wedding.

Sharron said...

Well, drat it all over the XD memory cards. I better stock up fast if it isn't too late. I do wish they would stop discontinuing things like that, don't you?

I have hibernated so far this winter because I just got over the third bug or what ever it was and I REALLY want/ need to be getting the gardens ready!!

Your 7th point has me really thinking. I have made myself listen to more for pretty much the same reasons . . . but it is making me even madder. Sounds like more work or attitude adjustment is needed!!

John and Becky Bowler said...

I agree with you! I think the winter time hibernates people (myself included). The weather has been nice out...so hopefully I'll snap out of it...lol