Today I did my second triathlon. Three weeks ago my friend who lives at Ft. Huachuca invited me to stay with them if I was planning on doing the triathlon on base. I asked Xela if she was interested, and since it only cost $15 (most are $45 and up) she said sure. I thought about it for a couple of days after she registered, then signed up myself. Three weeks to train---not enough time! And for several days I wasn't going to be home. But I did it, and I didn't drown, crash, or walk (well, maybe a little bit). The weather was very cooperative, cloud cover and on the cooler side. Actually, Ft. Huachuca is in a beautiful setting--I'm glad the fires didn't get that far.
800 Yard Swim
12 Mile Bike Ride
3.1 Mile Run
A few years ago I would never have posted pics of myself on any kind of public network, especially looking less than "lovely." Why am I doing it today? I'm not sure. Perhaps it's because I'm over 60 so who cares, or maybe my focus is different. I like seeing what my body can do, how far I can push it (not very far), and doing hard things is good for me. Maybe I've said this before, but feeling and enduring physical pain helps me endure emotional pain. Or maybe it's the other way around? Whatever the case I hope I can keep it up!




6 comments:
way to go!! and you did push far. i am always so amazed when "mature" women accomplish such great physical feats. i look to you as an example and hope i can go as strong when i am more "mature."
one of my good running friends here is 73 and still going strong. she gave up triathlons when her husband passed away after a cycling accident during a tri 2 years ago, but she still runs races, road and trail and can zumba like nobody's business.
You are such a great example to me. Now if I could only make myself get up off the couch and run again. I know how much I loved it and how good it feels.
Yeh Linda!!!!! We had a lovely visit with Jorgen and Amy yesterday. Such a great couple!!
You are awesome! I hope I am as fit and motivated when I am your age. Well done Aunt Linda! You need to do the Casa Grande Triathlon with me and Lucy this year!
That is an awesome feat, and with only 3 weeks to get ready too. I agree that it's beautiful down there. That fire burned the Bisbee Bishop's house down; I'm glad it stayed out of the fort and the town itself. Thanks for sharing the pictures.
I am proud of you Linda...keep moving!
Post a Comment