This is the only picture I've downloaded into my laptop's photo album since the beginning of June. I have a lot in my phone, but since I walked into the pool this morning with said device in my pocket, I'm not sure I'll be blogging those pix. Grrrrr!
This is the latest picture of Grandma Goodman with her El Paso, Texas grandchildren. Soren is two and the spitting image of his dad when he was two, Dailan is 6, Grandma is ??, Kylamarie is 4 months, and Magnus is 4. Lively children, full of love, being a grandma is the best!
Here are a few of the 4th Year YW after our first practice hike at Catalina State Park. A few weeks later we were told Mt Lemmon was closed to all campers and hikers until measurable moisture, so no Stake Girls Camp this year. What a disappointment and even a sad time for me! I really had to ponder on this because I had a distinctly strong impression last year that I was to do the hike again even though I was resistant to the idea. To make a sweet, long story short I got my answer "why" while standing in the cultural hall waiting to leave with the Ward YW for their camp. And what a blessing to be invited to our Ward's camp in Virden, New Mexico! Heavenly Father really does know what's best for all of us! I've got to learn how to be more trusting.I've run only a couple of races in June, both 5Ks, but interesting and different. The first one was running the hills around Colosal Cave on the far SE side of the valley. We got a free pass into the cave which we did that day. It has been a dry cave for 10,000 years so not as dramatic as Kartchner Cavern, but still very interesting.
The other race was downtown Tucson with almost 1800 people running. When you get that big of a group the energy is tangible, and even though the race was in the evening I thought the heat was an advantage. All my joints felt loose and bendable!
I have had lots going on the past month, and one of the craziest things ever to take up more time is the sprint triathlon I'm doing on Saturday, that's right in 5 days, at Ft. Huachuca. I've only done one other tri and that was almost 3 years ago. It is an 800 yard swim, 12 mile bike ride, and 3.1 mile run. Again my goal is not to drown, keep the bike upright, and finish whether walking or running! I will report next week!






2 comments:
Love those grandkid pics! It must be so hot running races right now and a triathalon!??! Good for you! I wish you lots of luck and hope you feel good while racing! I look forward to hearing about it..
What cute grandkids! I love reading your posts. I learn and am inspired. I'm so glad you came back to town! I was sitting there on Sunday and saw you sitting a few rows in front of me and was just so dang glad you're here and that I get to be around you...although I don't get to talk to ya much with the constant chaos I'm attempting to manage most of the time. Good luck with your triathlon! I love the goals you have for it. :D
Post a Comment