I have had the opportunity to spend a couple of weeks in Hawaii with my son Nick Jr and his family. I will admit I love the Islands. I love just about everything!! I've been hiking, snorkeling, running, helicopter riding, shopping, eating, sightseeing, and more.
Nick is here because of his career and his hobby. He is a coach of endurance athletes, and he competes himself. The first week we were on the big island of Hawaii for the World Championship Ironman. The third week on the island of Maui for the Xterra World Championship Triathlon. We also spent a few days on Oahu in Laie going to the Polynesian Cultural Center and the temple.
I have learned in my lifetime that the principle of agency is one of the greatest gifts God has given us even when it means others may be hurt by those who exercise their agency wrongfully. I have been on the giving and receiving end of the wrong use of agency. I hope my repentance has been complete for those times I have hurt another.
We read about the "tender mercies" of the Lord in 1 Nephi in the Book of Mormon. Another way of saying that is "compensatory graces." I have felt God's love and His compensatory graces 100 fold while visiting this part of His creation and vineyard. I am so grateful.

4 comments:
Hawaii is a little slice of paradise! And hopefully some rest for the soul too :)
Looks like so much fun! So how did Nick do?
It has looked like so much fun in your FB posts. I am glad that it has been restful and restorative as well!
Linda what u said is exactly what I needed to hear, thank you. I hope that I can understand those principles one day as much as you do now.
Post a Comment