The three newest grandchildren are growing up. We now have three who have celebrated their first birthday--Kylamarie, Benjamin, and Jessalyn. These little ones and the other six are my joy!
GIRLS CAMP 2012
12 FOURTH YEARS, 8 YCLS, 3 PRIESTHOOD, AND 3 LEADERS HIKING ON THE BUTTERFLY TRAIL, MT. LEMMON
LINDA'S DIRTY FEET--NEVER WASHED THEM ONCE ALL THREE DAYS!!
A FEW OF US GOT UP AT 4:45 AM TO SEE THE SUNRISE FROM MT BIGELOW
OUR LITTLE GROUP OF SATURDAY'S WARRIORS
My journal entry, Thursday, June 21, 2012:
"Well, the hike is over and all was well--even more than well! I felt strong, healthy, energized! The girls were wonderful--strong and courageous. We did have just a few who struggled, but they would not give up. I saw girls in their discomfort and pain turn around and help those who were in more pain. They all learned to push beyond what they thought they could ever do. We all conquered the Butterfly Trail! If I do this again I'm getting a better tent, sleeping bag and a pad. I did not sleep well because of my sleeping stuff, my body felt really good though. I just don't want the weight of my pack to increase. I must admit I never felt the "pea," pine cone, stick, rock or root under my sleeping body even though there could have been all of those woodsy things. That was a blessing! The wind blew like crazy both nights--my tent just shook as if a bear were shaking it!
I am so grateful for the strength God gave me. I know someday I will be too old for this-- funny thing, being in camp I actually felt older than out on the trail. There are so many youthful leaders. I do love the young women of the Church. I love to teach them, help them perhaps benefit from some of my experiences."
I learned something about faith from the priesthood blessing I received before camp. We need to choose to believe in order for faith to work. Our belief increases the possibilities.

1 comment:
Your grandkids are adorable! I'm glad you had fun at Girls Camp. Our girls just got back last week and had a blast!
Post a Comment