I am amazed at the speed which tragedy can strike. My niece Kimberlee was seriously hurt in a horseback riding accident yesterday in northern Arizona. Because of a heavy snowstorm they had to painstakingly transport her by ambulance to Flagstaff, a two hour drive. After surgery and many hours of worry and waiting she has regained consciousness and can move all her limbs, truly a miracle because of the initial prognosis. Miriam, her mother, and a woman of great spiritual strength, said there have been many "tender mercies" bestowed upon Kimberlee and the family throughout this ordeal.
What a blessing faith and belief are! I know these spiritual gifts can bring us peace and comfort in times of greatest need. Another kind of tragedy is when we have lost these gifts for whatever reason, and that doesn't usually happen with great speed, but over time.
... just a couple of thoughts I've had while Kimberlee has been on my mind and in my heart.
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Welcome home, how was your trip. I am so sorry to hear about your niece, I hope she continues to fully recover. Thanks for sharing your thought. You are a wise woman!
I just read Miriam's blog today and was completely shocked. She has been on our minds and prayers as well. It is so amazing how quickly something like this can happen and how your life can be turned around. Thank heavens for a wonderful family, for prayers and for a very loving Heavenly Father.
Post a Comment