I flew up to Salt Lake City on Wednesday because Amy had invited me to attend the temple with her that evening. What a special time to spend with my son and his wife to be.
We spent the day Thursday just relaxing then hosting a bar-b-que at a beautiful park up Provo Canyon. There were over 50 people who came, mostly family of Amy's. She has a really fun family, three sisters and one brother as well as a great Mom and Dad. It kind of reminded me of when the Goodman family or the Gent family all get together. Lots of people, lots of food, and lots of fun!
The Mt. Timpanogos Temple where Jorgen and Amy were sealed for Time and all Eternity is one of the most beautiful temples I've seen. The setting, with the mountains in the background and colorful flower beds gracing the temple grounds is probably why I think so. But I'm pretty sure what really makes a temple beautiful is knowing what they're for.
Because of various circumstances Shaila was the only sibling who made it to celebrate Jorgen's special day in Utah. They have always been very close. When they were little and played together I would think of puppies and kittens. They would run, jump, roll around, poke, laugh, fight, scratch, run, jump, and roll around some more. It was delightful to watch!
The reception Friday night was non-stop guests coming through the line. I'm sure the whole neighborhood, which would be their Ward as well, turned out. I even had a few friends who live in Utah show-up. One friend from Wyoming whom I hadn't seen in 33 years came! It was a great day and a wonderful way for a young couple to start out an eternal marriage.
The reception Friday night was non-stop guests coming through the line. I'm sure the whole neighborhood, which would be their Ward as well, turned out. I even had a few friends who live in Utah show-up. One friend from Wyoming whom I hadn't seen in 33 years came! It was a great day and a wonderful way for a young couple to start out an eternal marriage.

6 comments:
Yeah!! They are a beautiful couple, the kind that just makes you feel good seeing them, even in pictures. Looking forward to the open house, call me if you need an extra pair of hands!
congrats! they look so happy. i can't believe that little rambunctious boy has grown up so much.
Congrats to Jorgen! He's your baby, isn't he? Shaila looks just the same as she did in HS... Beautiful!
Congrats! We are so happy for him. and for you. You get another daughter!
What beautiful pictures! Your already beautiful family just keeps growing. I love it!
Wow! Time goes by and kids grow up and marry! What a cute couple. Looks like you all had a wonderful time with the wedding.
Post a Comment