Monday, July 27, 2009

The Party's Over!

The happy couple in our backyard. All the hard work paid off--the yard looked beautiful (at least that's what my friends told me!).
This weekend was the last big wedding celebration for Jorgen and Amy. It was chaotic, but very, very fun. Who knows when we will all be together again, so we tried for a family portrait. That was a bit of a joke in 90+ degree weather, 99% humidity, and five little boys, as well as ten adults!!! Plus we had to make haste because guests were arriving as we were taking pictures. A very big thanks to two of my favorite people, Danette and Kelly Hillman, for enduring hours of heat to get just the right pictures.
Amy with Dailan and Sammy. I think they're in love with her.
Would you say these boys take after their Grandma? What a lively group of Goodmen! They had so much fun the entire evening running here and there, up and down, over and under, in and out.
We even had a visit from "Spidey." He did his work and saved the party from destruction. Hmm, now that I think about it, he and his friends were the destruction!
I must thank those good friends who helped me at the open house: The Hillmans, Sharron, Lee, Sarah, Jeri, Robin, Julie, and WGGM gals for the yummy cupcake bites. And I thank Heavenly Father for making an overcast day and no rain in the evening! I am blessed abundantly.

9 comments:

Sharron said...

The yard is beautiful, the party was beautiful, the new family is beautiful, both of them, and the groom's mother is beautiful!

It really was a very pleasant evening and I am so glad that I was able to share it with all of you.

Sit back and enjoy your yard now, right after your nice long hike . . I know you!

jenn gent said...

Congrats to Jorgen and Amy!

dhillman said...

Yes, it was--is beautiful. You did an awesome job! We were so happy to be there.
Love that picture of the boys! so cute and makes me smile.

Cherise said...

Your backyard looks awesome. My family has a large high maintenance yard with old large trees etc. It is so much work. We have all done our wedding receptions in the backyard and it is soo soo much work to get it into "reception" shape. You obviously did a great job, it looks amazing. :) I bet you are glad it's over!! :)

Unknown said...

Your yard is gorgeous! It was such a nice evening with no rain and my boys are in love with your "playground". I LOVE that picture of the Spidey! Jorgan and Amy were so fun to watch, what a cute couple. I'm jealous of your kitchen. Is it bad to pray for my roof to get ripped off so I can get a new one too? ;-D It was a great way to spend an evening.

Kathryn said...

Wish we could have been there. It looks beautiful!

Dunklees said...

What a beautiful family! I love the new heading picture! Kelly and Danette did a great job with the pictures!

Sandi and Curtis said...

Looks like all went well..even with little destructors! What great photos of all!

Liz said...

Congrats to the bride and groom!!What a darling family photo.