This is the front entrance to our home in LaCrescenta, California which is where there are fierce fires raging in the mountains only a couple of miles above our street. Many of my friends who live less than half a mile from our house have been evacuated. I haven't been worried about our house, because there are hundreds of homes between us and the fire, but I have been very concerned for friends and neighbors as well as the community. I guess the air quality has been horrible as you can well imagine.
But California wasn't home. Arizona is! I love the desert, with the peace and tranquility I feel here. I love the wildlife. I love being able to play outside nearly every day of the year! I love the Catalina Mountains in my "back yard." I even love the heat. I love the friends I've made over the years. And most of all I love that three of my children live close by, and the two who don't, aren't that far away.

4 comments:
that is pretty scary! I have never watched as my friends were threatened by something like this. It must be pretty frustrating when you know that it is the hands of others, regardless how capable they may be.
I hope all will be safe!
I am so glad Tucson is your home! I hope the fire is out soon and more homes aren't lost. What a terrible loss for all those people.
I can only imagine what the air quality is there. Our valley is filled with the smoke from California fires. It is pretty stuffy.
So do I understand correctly, you still own the home in California but you are living in Arizona? If so, are you renting it out, or using it as a beach house?
Yes...I hope they get the fires under control quickly. Very dangerous.
Post a Comment