These pictures aren't in any particular order, but just the scenery one can see while hiking to Romero Pools and the pools themselves. I think this possibly could be my favorite hike because of the length and ascent. My heart definitely beats at a healthy intensity.

Last week I was a paper girl and this week who I was meant to be: a hiker! Being in the mountains and out in nature de-stresses me faster than anything else. I love it! And I love spending time with my creator while there.
I've seen more water in the pools, but there was enough for a little refreshing dip for those inclined to do so.

The trail past Romero Pools leads to Mt. Lemmon and someday I hope to do this as a backpacking hike, and spend the night on the mountain.

This picture was taken past the pools on the trail further on. The rock formations are solid and massive and beautiful. It was a good place to stop and pray. I enjoy praying. I feel comfortable enough to tell my God everything and anything. I wonder if He gets tired of the drama of my life?

Hiking to the pools was a great escape for me, the trouble is I have to come back down to reality.

I hope everyone has such a place in their life to de-stress and feel peace and joy even if for a short time.
6 comments:
Everytime I read one of your posts about hiking it makes me want to grab my shoes and run out the door and find some beautiful place to hike. There is something very special about being outdoors among such beautiful creations. It's almost football season...hopefully we will get to see you.
Great pictures! I am not sure about taking a dip in that water though!
I love being outdoors and feeling close to God while you are out amidst his creations. I have learned to appreciate beauty in each of my surroundings.
I love what you said about being able to tell God everything. That is a priceless blessing.
Looks fun! I love the picture from the wedding above. I have been meaning to tell you I saw your son (can't remember which one, but I know he's yours!) when we saw Wicked a few weeks ago! He was far away so I couldn't say hi, but obviously just made me think of you!
You keep inspiring me to hike more! Good for the body and the soul :)
I go to the tennis courts.. and I havent been there for quite some time... must play TENNIS! :)
I hope you are having a GREAT time at Ed. week.. even tho your loyal roomate of many years stays behind.... WORKING! lol!
love that hike! thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment