Friday, October 23, 2009
The First Day in Maui!
I'm in Maui, Hawaii! Got here yesterday, Thursday. This is Sammy on top of all our luggage! I remember the days traveling with kids! The big box Sam is sitting on is Nick's trail bike.
This is the view from the front of our 4th floor resort room. If you look real close you can see the crescent shaped island of Molokini and an uninhabited island (once used for dropping artilliary).
This is the view from our balcony. We are a couple of blocks from the beach. I ran along the beach today, hot and humid!!! But the flowers are abundant and smell soooooo good! I've been gathering blossoms and now have a bouquet in our room.
The seven mile Makena Beach race is tomorrow. I'm excited to see what the course is like, but also a little nervous. Who am I? Why am I doing this? If I'm still alive tomorrow night, I'll let you know!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Well... if you're going to be crazy, Maui is the perfect place to do it!! I miss Maui... try to drive the road to Hana while you're there. Gorgeous!!!
Wow, life is rough!
You should do fine with the lower altitude and no steps, right? Have a wonderful time. I've always heard that this the most beautiful island!
I love reading about all of your adventures! It gives me hope that someday I'll have the time to do things for myself. Now is the time to do things for my children, and I'm glad I can, but it's nice to look forward too! Good luck in the race!
I say you get ready like you're going to the race, then sneak off and eat and shop all day, throw a little water on yourself to look all sweaty an cross the finish line. Ha ha just kidding. I wish you lots of luck, what a pretty place to run! The pictures are great, such a beautiful part of the world. GOOD LUCK!
This is Mariah, not Stephen. :)
Funny Heather, shall we tell her that you get busier with an "empty next"?
What a beautiful place to be able to run! And two races at that! And to come in first in your age group! You go girl!
Post a Comment