By the time I got to the beach which is a beautiful part of the race, I was spent. I had little left to give except to walk, and walk I did! At that point there were about two miles left. I did run parts of it, especially as I came in sight of the finish line. I knew my son would be cheering for me and I wanted him to be proud of me. Guess what? I came in first in my age group! I got a medal and I stood on the winner's box (you know where the winner stands in the middle). The crowd cheered for me! How fun is that!! Overall I placed 260 out of 282 which doesn't sound so good, but who cares. I finished a hard race and I can do hard things!!
I'm not sure I'll have anymore pictures, my dumb camera stopped working!
I'm not sure I'll have anymore pictures, my dumb camera stopped working!

4 comments:
Congratulations, your place in the overall was great and if anyone wants to argue the point, hand him over to me!
That heat and humidity really make a difference, don't they? I have also found all that oxygen at sea level can make a person kind of lethargic. Don't know how many people it hits that way, but it can sap your energy really fast.
For pete's sake, go get another camera!!! You are on the garden island after all . . . or do you already have pictures from over there? Even a little disposable could get close ups of the grand kiddies. They are Mick's kids, there will have to be some classics while you are there . . . just a guess! Have a ball to tell all of Goldie Oldies all about next month!!
I hope you get your camera fixed or a new one--I am counting on those pictures. Good thing you were able to get some of the race!
How was the flight?
Congrats on finishing and finishing well! How fun to get to be on the winner's box. That had to feel good.
You know the people who know you alread knew you were a winner!
Have fun this week!
way to go Aunt Linda!! You are too lucky to be in hawaii. ahh I miss those days. And good job on the bisbee run. How fun to go with Shaila Rue!
awesome as always!! looks beautiful and fun. i am so impressed with your racing schedule. i am burned out right now and just want to take it easy this winter. but if you keep going, maybe i will too. how is the running club going?
Post a Comment