I ran another Ragnar Relay this past weekend. We began at 11:00 a.m. in Prescott on Friday and ended around 2:30 p.m. in Tempe on Saturday after 204 grueling miles, little sleep, and lots of fun. I was in the same van as Nick Jr as well as three of his sisters-in-laws. The other van had six team members, all clients of Nick's. We only had five team members because Nick ran double legs for a total of 34 miles! I ran 16+ miles. My first leg was 5.3,miles, then ran 7.4 miles from 12:30 to 2:00 a.m. (dark, dark, dark), and the third leg was only 3.5 miles.
This little bunny went on the whole trip with us; the other van had one, too, so we could tell which vans were ours. There were over 350 teams so you can imagine how many vehicles at the exchanges, but what a party!Running hurts and I'll be the first to admit it. But what it does for me far outweighs the momentary pain I feel the first mile. I feel so blessed to have been led to something where I can feel this personal sense of accomplishment. I have learned to keep pushing myself even though at times I just want to quit. And believe me, it computes in to life's races as well.

7 comments:
Amazing! on so many levels.
Pretty impressive! I so wish that I could run right now. A few more months and I will be back out there. It is so worth the wait.
Great job!
I am so impressed by your running! Way to go. You ran right past our house in Wickenburg! We are on highway 93 before you get to Wickenburg! We could see the runners that night. We had a team from our ward that ran.
you amaze me! SO glad you had so much fun.
oooo, I like that last paragraph that you have written there. I can relate, especially right now but I'm not running. I love your blog, just thought you should know.
so fun!!!! you are awesome as always. i really want to do a ragnar one day, but i'll be having a baby at this year's wasatch back. oh well. we do have a couple of fun 50 mile, 5 person relays here. we are doing the lake to lake this weekend, actually. relays are so fun, especially when, like this year, we are running more for fun than for speed. i'm on an all girls team "5 hot buns with one in the oven"
Great job Linda--some women from my ward ran and they had a great time--their team is the Lunachicks.
We are going to Scott Whitney's reception on Saturday--maybe we'll see you there.
Post a Comment