Monday, March 22, 2010

Saying Good-bye

My friend for many years, Janis Golding, was laid to rest this past Saturday after a courageous lifetime battle with cystic fibrosis. I feel as if I had the sacred privilege of being a part of her last few weeks of mortality. Why I was blessed with this tender mercy I'm not sure, but my heart is filled with gratitude that I was.

Janis Golding, 2001
(taken at Nick Jr's wedding reception in our backyard)

Janis lived her life as one of those "elect" women you read about in the scriptures. Her health was always precarious, in and out of the hospital for much of her life, but it was always others she worried about, never herself; her influence, and her light will remain strong and bright for many throughout the years.

10 comments:

Alison said...

I do adore Janis so much. I definitely feel blessed to have known her for so many years of my life. She truly is a shining example for me of truly living a Christlike life. I will miss her dearly but I will never forget her or the ways she touched my life.

Sharron said...

You put this so well. Their is a big old void left by her moving on, but hopefully if enough of us step in, we will be able to continue passing her good works along.

I do love it when I see some of her coming out in her daughters!

The picture is pure Janis!

Katrina said...

I was so sad when my called to tell me about Janis. She truly wasn an angel walking among us. Much of my youth is filled with memories of her and her family. I babysat her kids all the time. She was such an amazing woman. I remember thinking that she was such a great mom to her four girls, I only hope my four girls can say the same. What an incredible spirit she was.

charmaine said...

I loved her (and her sisters) I am sad to hear this. I will let Elise know, Janice made a neat little plaque for her for her wedding. Glad you keep me posted on things in Tucson. I'm glad I got to see her at the wedding. She seemed so thin and frail when i was talking to her.

Miriam said...

Can you email me Randy's address so I can send him a card?? Thanks!

Joni said...

I have felt the loss of Janis all week long, especially since I wasn't able to attend her funeral. She was truly a remarkable woman, mother, friend, daughter, wife. If I could live my life only half as good as she did, I'd be happy. What a wonderful example of love and charity Janis was to all who knew her.

Robin and Larry said...

I sure loved her! :) I love you too Linda! :)

Dunklees said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dunklees said...

I think everybody who knows Janis was strengthened by her "elect" ways. She was a dear friend to me (as she was to so many) and a true example of a daughter of our Heavenly Father. Sharron has issued quite a challenge for us to keep up Janis' good works - for being so small in stature, Janis has certainly left big shoes to fill!

It is so important for us to make sure that those around us who hold a special place in our heart know it! Ali, Sharron, Robin, Linda - you are all on that list for me!

Mindie said...

So sorry you had to lose such a good friend, but its nice you got to spend some good time with her.