Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Easter Week

I started Easter Week with a long hike up Bear Canyon to Seven Falls. It's not a hard hike; the trail is wide, clear (for the most part), and fairly flat to a medium incline. It is long, over 7 miles round trip, and I had to criss cross the stream at least 10 times. It was up to my knees in some parts. But the weather was gorgeous, perfect for hiking. And a perfect day to start preparing for Easter.
When I reached the falls I sat down in the warm sun, next to the lowest falls and read a talk about the last week of Jesus' mortal life. That monumental week is why we celebrate Easter, not because of the decorated eggs, the peeps or the chocolate bunny.
Being on the trail, experiencing God's gift to all of us, His creation, was a great way to start the week. I have Easter DVDs to watch, more talks to read, and of course the Four Gospels to help me become better acquainted with "the greatest story ever told." I'm planning to culminate the journey with a Passover Dinner and four sessions of General Conference. I find it more than a coincidence that Passover, Easter, and General Conference are happening at the same time. It's going to be a great week!

2 comments:

Miriam said...

Thanks for your inspiring pics and words. It will be a great weekend/Easter.

Sandi and Curtis said...

Yes! I agree. curtis and I did this a few weeks ago...only in Superior! Amazing to see God's handiwork. thanks for sharing.