Monday, August 23, 2010

I DID IT-- Park City Marathon!!!

Last Saturday, August 21, I ran the Park City Half Marathon with Jorgen and Amy. Keira decided she just was too tired so her Grandma Holker took care of her.

I wish I could say my time improved from two years ago, but I can't, in fact I was 18 minutes slower! I felt good until about mile 9, then I started running like an old lady! My legs kept cramping so I walked about 1/2 mile into mile 11. But I recovered enough to begin running again and finish at a decent pace for me. Considering I hadn't trained well (no long runs) this summer I'm not too terribly disappointed. And I can say or shout THIRTEEN.ONE MILES IS A LONG WAYS!!! But my feet didn't hurt. So there!

The week before the race was powerful. During the day I was in classes soaking up as much spiritual information as I could at BYU Education Week and at night I played grandma to Keira. I loved doing both!

At Ed Week the spirit taught me that I need to make my prayers much more meaningful and truly commune with my Father in heaven. I was taught the scriptures are full of wonderful insights that I'm not tapping into. I had a confirmation that sharing my testimony via my blog, facebook, and other social networks is a mighty force for good. I learned that many of the signs for the second coming have happened and are happening, and that we do not need to fear if we are following Jesus Christ. Sometimes we may have to bite the bullet or grit our teeth to fight the natural man, but it's worth it. You, me, all of us have been saved for these exciting, although trying times so we can influence others to find joy and happiness. I know I have.

3 comments:

Sharron said...

for some reason my computer isn't telling me when someone posts on their blogs. Guess I will just have to sacrifice and check in on them more often, won't I?

I'm proud of you Linda. Yo set such a great example for so many of us, but no pressure.

Sounds like you did a great job and without really training very well or long, you did great sistah!!

Hang in their with that running. Were you at the meeting on Sunday? If you were, did you crack up when Pres. Polly told how he didn't like to hike? He's been doing that for years at camp! What a keeper!

Dunklees said...

You are always so inspiring in your blogs! You are lucky to get to spend a week finding out how we can run our spiritual marathon better and then to actually run a half marathon. Add grandbaby to that, and it sounds like a perfect week!

Dansie Family said...

you never cease to amaze me! way to go. what a fun time.