Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Refining Process

There was a story in the October Ensign about a young couple from Panama who were trying to get to the Guatemala Temple to be sealed for Time and All Eternity. If something could go wrong, it did, before and during their trip to Guatemala. The young man telling the story considered their experiences a "refining process."

I watched and listened to four sessions of General Conference this year. And as always it was wonderful, but this year I felt something different than I had in years past. I'm not sure why, if it's because of what I'm doing or not doing, or where I am in my life, but this year I felt "lacking"; I felt chastened. I'm still trying to figure this out by listening to the talks again, and reading the written word. I do appreciate the scripture: "For whom the Lord loveth, he chasteneth." Being refined is painful, but necessary for our greatest good.

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

I have been thinking about this refining process. It never seems to end does it. I am so grateful that our Heavenly Father never gives up on us and through the spirit we can become better. I like to reflect on how I can improve myself and it is humbling indeed when I realized what I need to work on. I just keep trying. Isn't general conference wonderful?

Kami said...

I appreciate the honesty! The refining process hurts so good, doesn't it. :)