Saturday, October 2, 2010

Craftiness!

I apologize for the quality of these pictures, but my camera broke and I'm taking these with my phone. The lighting wasn't very good. I have been in a mood to create lately, so I thought I would share what I've been making.

I have had some harvest fabric for a long time and decided to make a couple of throw pillows to add festivity to our harvest home. The fabric pumpkins in front of the pillow are covered toilet rolls! They are cute, easy to make, and I love to decorate the house every fall with these fabric pumpkins. The pink splotch you see is a burp cloth. I found some flannel lying around in my fabric bin, got a pattern online, and voila! The white cloth is a dresser scarf with Halloween patches, glitter, and spooky characters that I painted. Not professional, but fun to do. Next is the beginnings of a crocheted scarf. I decided that I waste a lot of time just watching TV and should be productive so I re-learned how to crochet. The bag of granola next to the scarf is a homemade recipe without any oil, and I must say it is delish and much healthier than store bought.


This is Sam (1st grandson) and a little friend of his from his 6th birthday party--theme: robots. I made a robot for him out of cardboard boxes, added stuff and painted it silver. It was so fun to put together and has inspired me to be more creative with gifts to my grandkids.

I have added another dimension to the creativity and that is I'm giving everything away to others. This is not a noble act, it's just a fact that I don't need more stuff in my home, but I still want to feel that fulfillment of creating something. So who knows, you might be the recipient of a homemade craft from me!

5 comments:

Kathryn said...

What a great grandma! It looks like you have been busy. Thanks for your kind words on my blog. It is always good to hear other peoples thoughts. We are loving conference...hope you are too. Any chance you are coming this way for Thanksgiving?

Sharron said...

Very cute Linda.

You're right about TV. It can become a terrific waste of time. Guess that is why I try to used that time to get something done.

Of course it can also be a good tool to get me to sit long enough to get the laundry done, ironing done and so many of the other mundane chores that I am so sick of doing.

LucyH said...

So cute! I love the feeling after I craft.

Dansie Family said...

love it all! wish i had time to be crafty. one day...

Robin and Larry said...

I have a Goodman original on my front entryway table..very festive.. good to know that there is a roll of tp in there... worst case scenario! lol!