Sunday, March 20, 2011

My Week and My Thoughts

 MY HIKING BUDDY


I was hiking with a friend of mine on the trail above Sanctuary Cove and ran into this guy.  He was about three feet in front of me, but when I moved towards him, he did not like it at all.  He turned to look at me with a very menacing snarl showing a wide open black mouth and sharp teeth.  Needless to say I screamed and hopped around a bit.  I felt a little silly, but I'm not to anxious to get attached to this creature.  I will admit they are beautiful to look at; I am in love with my Heavenly Father's creations.
THE TEMPLE

I love the temple.  I love the peace I feel when I walk through the doors.  On Friday was Tucson North Stake's temple day.  I decided to spend most of the day in the temple, relaxing, and not  feel like I had to hurry.  I enjoyed that feeling until I checked my messages in between sessions.  I allowed the world to come in through the air waves and I no longer felt relaxed.  I won't do that again.

TALK ABOUT STRESS

Without the smile, Soren looks like I felt after an email on Friday and some phone calls on Saturday while driving home from Phoenix.  I probably shouldn't have been driving because the stress level was off the charts.  We have been trying to sell our home in California since 2007.  It has been on and off the market during those four years.  While off, we have been fortunate to have renters help pay the mortgage.  Finally in January an offer was accepted, except we had renters in the house and in order for the deal to go through we have to break the lease and get the tenants out.  It has not been easy nor a very pretty picture.  After a lot of financial incentives, and an agreement stating they would not pursue legal action against us (which they have threatened) we should close the deal on Thursday.  I'm sad to say I had pure venom in my heart  for a few not very nice people.  I have my fingers crossed and my knees bent that the closing papers get signed this week.  BTW, I repented for those thoughts!

THE BLOGGING WORLD

I was blog surfing and found a few profound and uplifting blogs that I would like to share with you:
mooshinindy.com
blog.wheredidiputthat.blogspot.com
mommysnark.blogspot.com
mormonmommyblogs.com
cjrun.com

Of course you'll find other thought provoking blogs links as you look at these.

You're right it takes time to surf the blogging world, and some days I have that extra time, so I appreciate reading the thoughts of others of faith who have struggles, happiness, sorrow, joy, and how they endure to the end.

4 comments:

The Goodman Family said...

Who is that cute kid with crazy hair? :)

Linda said...

Just the cutest 2 year old grandson named Soren Gensen!

Sharron said...

You have been a busy girl! i had a session in the temple lately and wish I had prepared better the last time I went. It sure makes a difference, doesn't it?

That was a lovely creature . . and you should have been hoping around!

That is a cute little 2-year old . . let;s face it, you & I have some way cute grand kids. Let's not have a contest, let's stay friends ;-]

Dansie Family said...

i love your insight. i hope the house closes and your stress levels return to normal. i can't wait to see you in may, even if it is as we watch nick and others cross the finish line. my mom is also excited, so maybe a lunch date would be more fun. whatever can work into your schedule would be awesome!