Autumn has always been my most favorite time of the year. I remember as a kid getting so excited for school to start the day after Labor Day because I would get new pencils, a new notebook, and maybe new shoes. And I would meet new friends. Loved it! And I still love fall of the year. The hot days of summer are shorter and the nights much cooler. But lately I'm thinking spring might be my favorite time of year. Maybe it's my age, but the contrast from winter to spring is huge. I'm not so sure I like winter, even here in the desert. It only serves to make me appreciate spring!
I walked around the yard today and took a few pictures with my new camera, Canon Powershot SD1300, of spring. We have a few wild desert flowers opening their faces and smiling at me because they know I love them. I thought for sure this little citrus tree had met it's maker because of old man winter, but HA! the green leaves of spring have sprung out on the limbs! And our tangelo tree is producing plenty of sweet, intoxicating blossoms.

On my brisk walk across Thornydale to the west I heard these hawks planning their family. See their nest?
What do you think of our first rose? Ah, glorious spring!
Spring not only means a renewal for plants and animals, but for me, too. This spring I've been trying to look at the scriptures a little differently, seeing what underlying meaning and personal application they have. Doing this has given me a peek into the mysteries of God. I've always admired that in Nephi who as a youth desired to know the mysteries of God. I wonder if when we understand the mysteries or even a single mystery our trials, our difficulties won't matter that much anymore, because we will be seeing them with spiritual eyes.





1 comment:
Spring is definitely pretty in Arizona! splashes of color everywhere. I gues you're enjoying your camera - beautiful pics!
Post a Comment