Monday, August 11, 2008

A Window Was Opened

This is my friend Jessica Morgan, a young woman in my California Ward. She is opening her mission call letter! Jessica invited me to come to her home and share that special moment with her and her family. I am in California to get our house ready for new renters and to take care of some stressful unfinished business. Taking care of that stressful business was like having a door slammed in my face, but when Jessica stopped by and asked me to come to her home where her family and friends were gathered I could feel the comfort of a gentle breeze coming through a window that had just been opened. It was a window filled with joy at being able to participate in such a sweet occasion with my young friend. Thank you, Heavenly Father, for blessing me with an open window. (Jessica is going to the Italy Catania Mission.)

8 comments:

Robin and Larry said...

hey, I didnt know you were gone.. wow! Italy! Cool!
Go for some Calf. runs while you are there.. gotta get ready for the big race.. I finally broke that news to Larry yesterday.. the part about not coming back till Sunday.. hahaa! lol... it's all good.. he is already making plans for himself next week..
Next week will be good for us all... I am looking forward to Ed. Week.
Travel Safely Home..call me.. have a question.
:)

John and Becky Bowler said...

That sooo cool that you were able to be part of your friend opening up her mission call. She must be sooo excited to go to Italy. :)

dhillman said...

Tender mercies...
I hope I get to see you before you leave for Utah!

Cami Epperson said...

I'm glad you got to have that sweet moment. And thank your for your loving words today you left on my blog. You are amazing as well. Good luck with the marathon! I had no idea... you are a better woman than I!!

Miriam said...

Thanks for sharing that tender mercy. Love you!

Miriam said...

Thanks for sharing that tender mercy. Love you!

Mariah said...

Sweet post, and a wonderful reminder that we're taken care of in our most stressful times. We missed you at the tidal waves this morning. Take care of yourselves. Gabriel was sooo excited to play with Dailin and Magnus this week. What cute boys! Love ya.
~Mariah

Joni said...

My best friends son went there...got home one year ago! He loved it!