Little Nick (what I used to call him) and I ran the Catalina State Park trail race on Saturday. This was my fourth time running this race, but the only time I have known other people running. It was much more fun this time and the weather could not have been nicer. There were nearly 500 people who participated which made the trail kind of crowded at the beginning, but more people means more energy! Nick ran the 10+ mile course and I ran 5+ miles.
I always look like I'm just about ready to hurl when I run! I did feel good this race, no real aches or pains, but my pace was slower than before. I have been training for the past 6 months to improve my time, and I have on some races, but not this one. The reason could be my nutrition being off for a few weeks as well as feeling some congestion lately. Every day I wake up I fight the battle of eating for health not for therapy!

5 comments:
Alright, time to start telling me about some of these races and maybe I'll come run some with you!
Again, you amaze me!
I am so proud of you Aunt Linda! Glad we're family, love you! :)
Good for you Linda. keep it up, we all need your example and inspiration . . . but no pressure or anything ;-)
i hope my kids like to run when we are all older and we can run races together. they like to do mile races now.
Post a Comment