Thursday, April 29, 2010

Meet Keira Jaquelyn!

Keira Jaquelyn Goodman was born early Wednesday morning, April 28, 2010. She weighed a whoppin' 5 pounds 8 ounces and she is 18" long. Jorgen, her daddy, was 9 lbs. 3 oz. and 22" long when he was born. I think Keira is going to be petite, like her mom. She actually wasn't due to be born until May 6th, but since her mom has been "in labor" and on meds for almost three months, it is a blessing that she is well and healthy.

It is killing me not to jump in the car and head north to Provo so I can meet her, hold her, and love her! But Amy's parents are close by and this is their first grandchild, so I know Keira will be surrounded by lots of love! And I'm heading that way next week!

Have you ever wondered why we as humans, at least most humans, feel such a bond or attachment to our children? Why aren't we like snakes--lay the eggs and slither away! We sacrifice from the very beginning to bear children, the mother physically, the dad working harder to take care of his family. We love these unborn, unseen "flesh of our flesh. " And the sacrifices continue throughout our entire lives, because we love them. Oh, I know that's not the case in some families, but it should be. I believe families are meant to be eternal, to be together forever. It just makes sense. There is purpose in the plan.

,

8 comments:

Sharron said...

That is a precious baby! I'm glad she is here safely. I hadn't heard that there were problems. I bet mom and dad are so relieved and grateful.

Aren't we so blessed to know our purpose while here on earth? Aren't we so blessed to live in these times when we can stay in touch with our family and stay a part of our children's lives? Aren't we blessed to have our hearts and love to expand each time a new little spirit joins our families? Have a wonderful visit next week.

This is the first girl, isn't it? Yippee!

LucyH said...

OH Yay!!! So happy that she is here! And yes, what a little petite girl amidst all those big Goodman grandboys!

Dunklees said...

What a doll! So precious! What would be the point if families were not eternal? I am grateful for the plan everyday I send the girls out into the big bad world. A new baby reminds me to hold them tight for as long as we can!

Mariah said...

She is beautiful, and SO tiny, and a girl...So exciting! I'm so glad she was able to hang on for as long as she did if she's been on meds for so long. Congratulations and enjoy next week holding her and lovin' all over her. Tell Jorgen and Amy Congrats for us. I always love to see grandparents that are actually excited to welcome another one. It's not always the case and that makes me sad. Such a cute!

charmaine said...

A GIRL FINALLY!!!!! I know you can hardly wait to see her!!!

dhillman said...

Congrats Grandma--a girl! So beautiful too. Can't wait to see the pics you get of her next week. Beautiful name! Tell them congrats from us.

manda carol said...

Congrats! So happy for you as well as Jorgen and Amy. Take TONS of pictures while you're visiting!

John and Becky Bowler said...

Oh my gosh...she is gorgeous! Congrats!!!