Can you see what I see?
While I was gone for a 7 days to Utah a little mommy mourning dove decided to build a nest in my door wreath. She had tried before and the twigs kept falling through, but being a determined mother she finally succeeded in making a nice nest for her two eggs. This door isn't used a lot, but when someone does come she takes off in flight and frightens the visitor. Hmmm, "watchbird." I guess that could work.

7 comments:
That is so funny. That looks like a smart spot too, a cat got my mama bird on the patio. I miss her!
That is really funny. We had a mommy bird nest in our BBQ and watched several sets of birds be born. The kids loved it. I have never heard of a watchbird? Pretty funny!
That is too funny! I can imagine the surprise when someone comes to the door and there is a bird looking them in they eye.
That is so cool! There is a squirrel nest up in the eaves of the house next door. You can watch them come and go from Julee's bedroom window. It's so fun to see them scamper around.
Does the bird let you open and shut the door without being spooked?
Something you have to see to believe! Way cool.
That's really cute!!!
Post a Comment