I'm in Provo, Utah and I'm having a wonderful time playing grandma to number six grandchild, and the first granddaughter. I love my five little all-boy grandsons, and I love sweet Keira Jacalynn. She looks beautiful in pink!

It is so gratifying to watch my child become a parent for the first time. I can tell this little girl has melted her daddy's heart. And Amy is already a loving and nurturing mom to her week old baby.

I remember very vividly the second the doctor told me Xela was a girl as he layed her on my stomach. I wept with joy and fear thinking of the responsibility that was now mine to be the mother of a daughter. I'm not sure about the kind of job I did mothering this strong female person, but I am very proud of the woman she is and the good Samaritan she has become. She truly cares for the down trodden, the broken individual, the "certain man from Jerusalem who fell among thieves." I love the talk given by Elder M. Russell Ballard at April 2010 General Conference "Mothers and Daugthers." The world needs righteous women who are strong and of good courage. Keira will be that kind of woman. Her mother, her aunts, and her grandmothers will teach her.
9 comments:
Tell mom & dad that they did a beautiful job giving you a first grand daughter. She is so cute. Love the pic of you holding her.
How sweet! I love seeing daddys and their little girls together.
What a cutie pie! Congrats to all!
So glad you get some GIRL time!!
Congratulations! there is something really sweet about girls!
She's such a pretty little baby! Congrats Grandma!
Linda... is the glow on your face going to happen to me in 6 weeks? I love it! So happy for my Jorgen and Amy!
Congratulations! She is a BEAUTY!
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! :)
Congrats, Linda on your first granddaughter! Aren't they precious??? I can't remember how I found your blog, but I did a while back and have enjoyed it immensely! You're incredible! (Just like you were 30 years ago!)
Enjoy your special time with your son and his family. BTW, I have 5 granddaughters and 1 grandson!
The photo of the two of you is so sweet. You're both beautiful! That little girl is going to be a pampered princess AND have so much fun with ALL those boys...the best of both worlds!
Post a Comment