And this is where my dishwasher and stove have been for the past 5 weeks!

This picture was taken today, September 22, 5 weeks after the tornado! They say it's usually darkest before the dawn; it gets worse before it gets better; or there's a silver lining in every dark cloud.

I don't care what they say, this is how my kitchen has looked for 5 weeks!

I had reached my breaking point yesterday when I came home after being gone for three days and found that not much had changed except for more roof dirt everywhere in the house and I could see the sky through the ceiling in my kitchen!
I feel better today.
BUT,
my feeling better did not come without pleading for patience and humility. I read a scripture the other day, 3 Nephi 6:13, that hit me along side the head! Ouch!
I must stop railing.
9 comments:
Cool, a natural sky light?
This too shall pass! See what you taught me? :) Chin up Goodman!
You are going to have the coolest kitchen EVER!
I have been wondering how things were going. Waiting is so hard, especially if you feel your hands are tied. I do feel for you . . . though this really does overshadow anything I have dealt with. Hang in there!
By the way, the guy I told you about at Home Depot likes to cook, that's why he is so good at designing kitchens, he knows what it takes to make functional one.
I can't believe it did that much damage! Just think of it as a good excuse to remodel and redo your kitchen!
I see you still have the pictures from the boys hanging up in your beautiful kitchen! It looks the same as when we left!
Natural sky light!! funny! That had to put a smile on your face! I am sorry it is taking so long, I can't believe it has been five weeks. I am sure you have felt every minute tick.
Are you putting it back as it was or are you putting in some of those changes that you had in mind?
Hang in there! Chin up and all the stuff everyone else said!
What a trooper! You deal with all of this so much better then I would. you know you and Uncle Nick can always just come to pahrump and stay with your favorite great neice (wink-wink) until it's all taken care of?!! love ya
I did not have my kitchen for a week and it was horrible! But for over a month, I guess that gives you the chance to eat out a lot and try all the local flavors! Good luck on getting your kitchen back together!
Were you praying for patience? Hang in there. I bet it will look great when you are finished. Yes, we will be going to the Airforce game. You are always welcome to stay...let us know what your plans are. Saturday nights game is the big rivalry...it should be crazy.
Have a great run today! I am listening to you . . . looking at the budget to try again on better shoes. If not today, I casn do it on the 1st. The best day of the month?!?!?!?
Post a Comment