Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Thank You!

Thank you so much to those who have commented on my races. There is a "time and season" for all things, and this just happens to be my season to be pro-active with my health. When I was a young mom with little children, that was my season to be a mother and all that goes with such a busy job. I love reading the posts of you young moms. I can tell our future will be in good hands.

I will share with you that doing this hiking and running thing began because of an extreme amount of stress I was dealing with in my personal life almost two years ago. It has truly been a blessing and I believe it saved me from sinking into a very dark pit. I thank my Father in Heaven every day for teaching me that sweating, breathing hard, sore muscles, and physically enduring to the end is what I needed. My heart is filled with gratitude and amazement that He loves me so. I am grateful for this journey called Life. My circumstances haven't changed all that much, but the burden has been made lighter and I have been strengthened because of Him. And the atonement makes that possible for all of us.

9 comments:

dhillman said...

Thank you Linda--for sharing your thoughts, for always being an inspiration

Orr Family said...

I am a workout junkie, but running has never been my thing! I am amazed by those who want to run run run! I will say being a young mother and taking the time for myself has helped me be a better mom and manage my stress better! So even us new moms need to workout, maybe just not spend as much time at it as you are! I never see myself running, but who knows maybe I will on down the road!

Liz said...

I read Cami's comments in your last post and I concur with her thoughts. You have and always will be a yw leader to me. You continually inspire and are a great example to me.
i love the painted toes, it reminds me that I need to paint mine again.

Miriam said...

AMEN!

LucyH said...

Exercise is such a good stress reliever. It's good for depression too!
Aaron actually has a lot of cousins that do the triathalon in Casa Grande. They always try to get me to participate with them, but to be honest I am a little scared to attempt it. Is there a website that i could check it out? It would be so fun to do it with you! If anything I will come a watch.

Sharron said...

You are one wise lady! You have gone so far with this and maintained a well balanced life at the same time. Not an easy thing to do. You can also inspire very unmotivated people without nagging . . that must be why you ae so good at it! Love and appreciate you!

Joni said...

Linda, as I have said before, you are such an inspiration to me. I have yet to start training for a half marathon...but I think about it constantly. It will happen! Thanks for sharing your experiences. You are such a great example to so many of us. By the way...thanks for commenting on my blog. It makes my day!

John and Becky Bowler said...

Thanks for sharing your testimony. It made me smile. :)

Kathryn said...

One of the things that I love about blogging is that you get to know people even better then you did before. I am grateful for your comments on my blog, your inspiring experiences and all of the pictures. Can't wait to see you.