Saturday, October 4, 2008

Meet My New Acquaintence!


Meet "Janns G." This object is going to be my best friend for the next 4 weeks. We didn't start out on very good terms, in fact I couldn't stand him/her/it. (I haven't decided which gender it is.) I was in pain and I only rode the thing for less than 5 minutes. But with a few adjustments, like a different seat, no shoe guards, and better posture--"Janns G." and I have become better acquainted. Can't say we are on the best of terms, but I think with time we may become best friends. I was able to ride for 6 miles and 1/2 hour today. In the background you will see my other new acquaintence, the pool. Hopefully we will become friends, too, or I'm going to find myself in a heap of trouble. But I have set a goal and I'm not going to give in to pain, fatigue, or discouragement.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I have also found that bikes can be a real pain to the booty and the thighs. Looks like you'll be able to work out that pain though...good luck and have fun!

Sharron said...

OK, this actually sounds more interesting than all that running. Let me know how it goes. I was swimming 1 1/2 miles a day when I had Sarah. GOOD training!

dhillman said...

Do you have some of those "cute" bike shorts? Those help...hee hee!
Can't wait to see you at the pool!
Just kidding, you know I am just jealous!

Mindie said...

I love my bike. I haven't named it yet, lol didn't think of it til your blog. I hope you 2 can find a way to get along. (smiling)

Kim said...

Hi! I found your blog from Kristen's. I'm in awe of all your running. I hope you and the bike are getting along better. If you happen to run into my mom you should ask her about her bike. There's another love/hate relationship.

Jen said...

You're doing your first triathlon? YEA! Is that the one in Casa Grande on Nov 1st? If so, I'm doing that one also! Let me know if you have any questions about training or racing :)