Friday, October 24, 2008

Our Crazy and Wonderful Friends!

About 12 years ago the Weitzells, Goodmans, Glausers, and Mosleys (WGGM) started group dates together. Every six weeks or so a couple takes their turn at being in charge of a creative date. We are a diverse group of people, but found common ground in that all of us love to laugh and have fun. And actually there have been some serious moments, too. Can't think of any, but I know there must have been! We met together this month to celebrate Disneyland. Each person dressed as a Disney character: Mosleys were "Beauty and the Beast;" Weitzells represented Goofy and Minnie Mouse; the Glausers made a cute Minnie and Mickey Mouse; and the Goodmans (that's us) dressed up like Peter Pan and Tinker Bell.

Mickey and Minnie aka Randy and Karalee

Nick and Linda, Karen and Kirk, debbi and Denny, Karalee and Randy

Linda and Nick aka Tink and Peter

Here's something serious: this was also a going away party for Randy. He leaves for Iraq as a GI Joe next week. We love him and we will be praying for his safe return.

Some of you might think we are kind of crazy to get dressed up in costumes, put on plays, have talent shows, play capture the flag on Mt. Lemmon at night with glo sticks, pull off a great practical joke night, and drive to LA for Nick's 50th birthday to surprise him while we were living there, etc., etc. The list goes on and on with the variety of fun we've had over the past 12+ years. But crazy or not I am grateful to call these "extra-ordinary" people my friends.

9 comments:

Sheffer's said...

That's so cool that you are still doing creative dates! James and I aren't very good at that sort of thing. Here's my mom's number-
(520) 982-0062. It's her cell, I don't know the other one by heart. She's home recuperating from shoulder surgery right now and would probably love to talk! (she can also text a little.) :)

LucyH said...

I love it! It doesn't surprise me at all that you do all that fun stuff. THis Saturday!!! AHHHHHH

Dunklees said...

Sounds like tons of fun!

dhillman said...

Looks like it was a very fun night, no surprises there! I love all the creative ideas you guys come up with. You will have to include these dates more often!

Dansie Family said...

what fun! you guys were crazy way back when and you still are. i am already a fuddy duddy. i guess i need to look to you guys for some inspiration.

Katrina said...

I love your costumes!! What a fun idea. You all look like you are having so much fun. I love it!!

jenn gent said...

Great costumes! And so wonderful that you have friends to have fun with.

Cami Epperson said...

I love the WGGM stories I hear! Even better to see pictures, see... mom and dad don't usually tell us about the crazy stuff you guys do. I love having picture proof that they are still having fun with you!

P.S. I tagged you! Post the 4th picture in the 4th folder on your computer and explain! Then tag 4 more people. Can't wait to see it!

Joni said...

LOVE the costumes! I feel like we were part of the group before we left...we were having those New Year's Eve parties together...what were they called? Murder Mysteries? Do you remember those? That is awesome that you have that friendship with one another. It's good for the soul!