My first triathlon goal is now behind me. I'm not ready to say it was "fun" but it did give me a feeling of accomplishment. And I did reach the four objectives I had set: I didn't drown, I stayed up on the bike, I crossed the finish line running, and I did it all in 1 hour 38 minutes (2o minutes faster than I thought I could!).
(He finished in well under an hour!)
I'm really glad I set this goal and completed it, but I can't say yet, "whee, let's do it again!"
P.S. A big thanks to Nick, my husband, who got up at 4:30 so I could get there on time, took the pictures, and possibly was bored to tears waiting for me cross the finish line. I love you Nick!

18 comments:
I love that you guys do this as a family! Maybe one day when I am done chasing my children I will run with them too!!
It was a great time, wasn't it? Let's do it again next year. Boy,am I starting to feel it in my muscles.I'm so proud of you!
Hey! congratulations!!! I was just getting ready to post making donuts for halloween...yours is so much better!
You must feel so good about your time, I mean under by 20 minutes is huge!
I am just so proud of you!
WoW! I have been thinking about you all day! Way to Go! I am so proud of YOU!
I LOVE reading your blog! You are such an inspiration to me! Love and miss you,
Cassie Jo
I was so glad I was there to see you succeed!!
Great Job! I thought of you this morning when my walk turn unpleasant. I really wanted to use my cell phone and call for a ride,(can you believe that?). I knew what you were doing, and that you would never do that, so I kept going! Thanks for doing so much to encourage all of us and setting such a good example.
yea!!! i wish i could have done it with you. i love that tri. i guess i'll just have to settle for a pool tri here in two weeks. should i do it?
okay i just looked up the official results. you need to give way more details. 1st place in your age group! woohoo! nick won the whole thing! rachel got second overall and shaila took 2nd in age group. and rachel almost broke an hour. you need to give your family way more credit. you guys are amazing!!
Yeah! I'm so amazed at you! Way to go! Congrats!!!
Great job Linda! Sorry we didn't get to meet. You should be very proud of yourself for accomplishing your goal!
That's awesome! Way to go!!! I wish that I had the energy for a triathlon!!!
You go girl!
Wow, that is way impressive. I think I really would drown. Can't wait to run with you.
Linda, I love seeing your pictures of the event, great job Nick. I am so happy for all of you, what a wonderful adventure your family must have had together to plan for this and the excitement while in the process and now the satisfaction. Wow, Linda you are truly amazing. I love what you do, it is enspiring.
Way to go Aunt Linda and all the other family members that competed. You give us all the courage to try new things, to not be afraid to set goals, and to challenge ourselves. You guys ROCK!!
I am so proud of you!! You look great in your pics. I was thinking about you all that day. I am so glad you beat your goal!! Your amazing..
Just in case yohaven't heard it enough yet, you're pretty amazing! Congrats on such a great accomplishment.
Post a Comment