Sunday, March 22, 2009

Kitchen Update

Here are the latest pictures of our kitchen remodel:

Where does all this stuff go? Gross!
Dining Room
New window seat in the bay window
New cast iron undermount sink and granite counter tops
Stainless steel appliances, love the gas stove
Cabinets with glass front, appliance garage being put in this week.

We still have to finish the lighting, the stove hood, backsplash, garden window, and wood flooring, but it is at least a working kitchen now, and I will admit I LOVE it. The whole process did take a toll on everyone's sanity though. If you were to ask me if you should remodel any room in your home I would say only if you move somewhere else until it's done!

15 comments:

Kathryn said...

Your kitchen looks so great! I love all of the new upgrades! I can only imagine what a pain it was. I have heard the same opinion from everone that has ever done a remodel.

Robin and Larry said...

WOW! I L O V E IT! It is so YOU!
When can I come over and have you teach me how to make home made noodles???
Thanks for your WONDERFUL smile today at church.. I needed it! :)

Liz said...

It looks so beautiful and looks like it was worth the heartache. Although I'm not sure how you guys survived without a kitchen.

LucyH said...

Wow, it looks so good! I bet it is nice to have a nice, new kitchen!

Sharron said...

Hey Ya'll. The pictures d NOT do this gorgeous creation justice! It is so beautiful . . . and the stove . . . I would die for!

dhillman said...

Looks great! I am so glad it is in the final stages. Can't wait to see it in person. Happy cooking!

Anonymous said...

Linda, the kitchen looks amazing!!! I can't wait to see it! Hopefully Jorgen and I can make it down in April! ;)

larryrobin6 said...

Hi Amy! :)
Congratulations...YOU are marrying the GREATEST young man!!! Love you both!:)

Dansie Family said...

i love it. it is so light and inviting. i remember the good old days of cooking enchiladas the day i got my wisdom teeth pulled in that kitchen. way to make it beautiful.

Sandi and Curtis said...

It is all beautiful! Congrats on your new Kitchen, window, dining room!

Miriam said...

Wow, I'm jealous but not of the process to get it!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your message, Linda. No, I had not heard that yet! Tell Jorgen congrats! I'll have to get details from my parents later. Hope to see you again too! (p.s. your kichen is looking great!) :) xxNicci

Dunklees said...

I LOVE it! Looks like you will be the big party host once it's all done!

Cami Epperson said...

Looks great!

Orr Family said...

It is beautiful! I am sure it was worth the wait. Now I need to come over for a gourmet meal on that amazing stove!!!