The desert in the front of our home is so beautiful this time of year so I thought I would share it with you. I wanted to post a picture of the Conference Center, or the First Presidency, or maybe even a picture of the Savior, but when I googled for one of those, I was afraid I might be infringing on a copyright, and I was a little shocked at the choices I had before me. So 1st lesson learned from General Conference: beware of the internet. Although I knew that, today just re-emphasized this "light" saving truth.

I prayed a lot before this weekend that I might hear those things in conference I needed to hear to help me find answers in the special circumstances of my life. I tried to be attentive, keep my eyes and ears open, and take notes. Wow! Nearly every talk had a needed truth for me.

I don't want to make this too lengthy, but I feel these are important truths I would like to share and confirm in my heart to heed the spoken word.
2nd lesson: Life is not a sprint, but it is a race of endurance.
3rd lesson: Get out of bad debt; it is an addiction.
4th lesson: 2 Corinthians 12:7-10. Even though Paul prayed thrice to have the thorn removed from his side, the Lord said because of that thorn, Paul had come to know his Lord.
5th lesson: The Lord suits the relief to the person in need; He shapes the back to fit the burden placed upon it.
6th lesson: If we desire more faith we must be more obedient.
7th lesson: Be a consistent temple attender (at least three talks focused on this).
8th lesson: It is time to pray for charity, love, and forgiveness.
9th lesson: "Be fixed in your purpose; Satan will try you ... your pathway may be thorny, but Jesus is nigh you; His arm is sufficient, though demons oppose."
10th lesson: When I feel lonely or alone, I must think of the lonely walk Jesus took his last hours of mortality. In Elder Holland's personal opinion: for Jesus to truly understand our pain and suffering, the Father withdrew His spirit for a time as revealed by Jesus when he said, "Father, why hast thou forsaken me?" Elder Holland's talk pierced my heart and my soul.
Thanks for letting me share! There were more lessons, but to sum it up, I will have a cheerful heart, be more charitable, and full of faith this coming week.
8 comments:
I enjoyed all of the talks on temple work. They were my favorite. I think sometimes I take advantage of being so close to a temple. We are going to go more often. :)
Thank you Linda.
You summed it up perfectly!
I loved conference too. There were definitely a lot of lessons to be learned and relearned. I can't wait until I can sit and read them now and really study.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts about confernce. Those are wonderful lessons. It is amazing to me how many things are the same, with different life experiences. So many of the same things you mention are times when the spirit touched my heart, and yet each lesson is so individual.
I look so forward to conference and then when it is over I want the magazine or for them to get it available on the internet right away. I checked this morning and right now they only have the audio. I want to listen to Elder Holland's again. It was beautiful.
Oh, and beautiful desert pictures btw! Thank you my friend
Powerful talks, thanks for sharing the pictures!
What a perfect start to a few days off for me--having a nice long read through your blog!! CONGRATULATIONS on that sweet new grandbaby and a beautiful new soon-to-be daughter-in-law!
As always, I love to read your insights and thoughts about life's challenges and blessings--your blog always leaves me feeling better!
Post a Comment