Sunday, May 10, 2009

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!

Nick and Linda Goodman Family
1987
Mother's Day for some reason has never been one of my favorite days. I'm sure it is because of my expectations--you know, it's all about me! I could spend a lot of time sharing my thoughts about motherhood, being a woman, etc., etc., but I won't. I'll save that for another day. I just want to wish ALL of you a very good day, and tell you how much I admire you for what you do in your lives. I love reading each and every post you write. I learn from you; I'm a better person because of you!

17 comments:

Sharron said...

Where have you been hiding this picture? It is so cute, of all of you!

I know what you mean about mother's day. It has usually been the hardest day of the year for me.

Funny how we all do that to ourselves isn't it? You are such an inspiration to me and so many others . . . I know, no pressure! Have a happy every day, you deserve it!

Liz said...

Happy Mothers Day to you too.
I adore that picture, you have such good looking kids.

manda carol said...

This is one of my favorite family pictures of your family! Aunt Linda I love you! You are such an amazing mother and mother figure for so many of us. Happy Mothers Day!

Kim Krok said...

Ok, I know everyone has said this already, but that is seriously a great picture. I especially love your glasses and Nick's stache, (but who knew he ever had all that hair!;) Gotta love the 80's- Happy Mother's Day!

Sheffer's said...

I can't tell you enough how much I appreciate all you have done to mother me through the years. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. You have been and will continue to be an inspiration to me.

Miriam said...

Happy Mothers Day to one AWESOME Mother!! (and sister in law :)

Dansie Family said...

love the pic.

I love mother's day: breakfast in bed, hubby takes care of kids, dad even made the dinner this year.

but i did think of you this mother's day. As new yw pres, i had to speak in church. it was awful, but ile the girls know that if i can just be a little like my yw leaders, i will do okay and the girls will too. thanks for you example and wonderful encouragement.

LucyH said...

Love the pic! I can't wait til I get to show an old photo of me and my family!

Aaron said...

That picture is awesome! :) It's too cute. Happy Mother's Day, Linda. Thanks for always being so sweet. -Erin

Kathryn said...

What a beautiful family. What a great picture! Your kids are darling! Your posts inspire me alot and I love getting to know you more through blogging. Happy Mothers Day!

jenn gent said...

Happy Mother's Day! I love that picture of your family... priceless!!

dhillman said...

I love this picture.
And what you said--amen. This holiday has been one I could do without and I did figure out that if I didn't focus on me I did better. But...easier said than done. You notice I went with an old picture and no ponderings!

Mariah said...

I love this picture! You've been a mother to so many more than just your kids. I have so many happy memories from young women, track,and life in general with you in them. You were the person my mom told me to go to with anything I needed during the time of life that I would have died before I went to her. I was "so smart" that I figured I didn't need anyone but myself, but always knew that I had another mother to turn to when needed. I'm am forever greatfull to all the Mothers in my life. Love ya!

Joni said...

That picture was taken the same year we moved to Tucson! A great picture! I remember Anders the best at that age because you would bring him sometimes with you when you and I would go do our visiting teaching. Darling family!!!

Anonymous said...

That picture is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! I mean priceless! So glad you put that up. And I echo what everyone else has said about how wonderful you are. :)

Nicci xx

Layla said...

Wow I remember you all just like this! And Anders looks so much like my Luke in this picture...I always thought you had the cutest kids ;)

Cami Epperson said...

Love love love this picture! I hope you had a good mother's day. You are a good mother, no matter what you may think of yourself know that we all think so highly of you! Love you!