The wood floors were put in this week after spending hours and hours last week (and a boat load of cement dust all over everything) taking out the tile. I liked my tile floors, but since we knocked down some walls which left a few bare spots we had to make a change because that kind of tile isn't made anymore! So, all we have left to do on the remodel is the back splash, stove hood, baseboard, and finish the lighting. Oh, and a little paint. I must admit I do love cooking in my kitchen! Gee, and it's only been 10 months since the tornado ripped our roof off!

Angels and Demons
Because of all the hype about the movie Angels and Demons I thought I had better read the book before I went to see the movie. I read The DaVinci Code by the same author and saw the movie, but didn't have much of an interest in reading the pre-quel, too many other books to read. It was good--very intriguing, clean (very little swearing), full of action, and a suprise ending. Now I'm ready to see the movie.
7 comments:
I like the rich color of the wood floors! I'm sure you're new kitchen is BEAUTIFUL! Dan Brown's other books "Deception Point" and "Digital Fortress" are also good with completely different story lines than the other 2.
Wow, did you read that fast!
I LOVE the floor--I LOVE that darker wood. If I had chosen my floor that is what I would have done. It is beautiful.
I can't wait to see it for real.
LOVE the floor . . . I am getting a teensy bit jealous of your kitchen. I don't fool myself about the amount of work this has been!! I 'll have to have you tell me about the books dome time . . I am always looking for new good ones!
I absolutely LOVE your wood floors! We took out tile in our entry way and hall and put wood floors in there as well as our formal dining. Still have tile in the kitchen. Wood gives such a warm feeling, it is timeless and classy. You will love it! It cracks me up that there was a tornado in Tucson!!! We have them here all of the time but haven't been hit yet. I kind of wish we'd have one damage our roof, it is a wood shingle roof and we want a normal roof, less expensive to insure. I read Angels and Demons years ago when I read the Di Vinci Code. Liked them both very much. I liked Angels and Demons book better and I liked the Divinci code movie beter. Go figure.
By the way...I've been running/jogging now for three weeks and can make it 2 miles now without stopping. I need to stop drinking soda, I have heard that it will help a lot to get off of it. I have a really bad kink or something in my buttocks and thigh, can't figure out how I did it or how to get rid of it. It hurts when I run, walk, or stand. Oh well, it's not gonna et it stop me!
Sometimes bad things such as a tornado brings great things to fruitation, like your kitchen!! It's beautiful!
I love the wood floors.
I know it was a lot of hard work, but I love putting my mind to a good project and seeing the fruits of your labor. You've done a wonderful job.
I also like your strategic display of your "angels and Demons" book when you took your picture. I liked both books, but like Angels and Demons better. What about you?
So... did you like the movie? Larry said he thought the book would probably be better.
For all the friends and family that follow Goodman's blog... her kitchen is like something out of Better Homes and Gardens... unbelievably BEAUTIFUL! :)
Remember Linda.. you promised to teach me how to make home made noodles for chicken noodle soup! :)
Love the wood floors! We should get to see them at the reception? And thanks for the recommendation on the book. I was needing a new one to read :)
Post a Comment