Monday, May 11, 2009

HELP!!!

A Carload of Ensign, New Era, and The Friend Magazines

I was taking my 20+ years worth of church magazines to the DI pod when I started feeling guilty for doing so. WHAT DO YOU DO WITH YOUR OLD CHURCH MAGAZINES?

10 comments:

jenn gent said...

We recycle them! I feel guilty getting rid of all the great artwork but everything is online now. It was hard to get rid of the 5 year chunk we had kept but now we get rid of them every few months and it's a lot easier.

dhillman said...

Don't feel guilty! I know it was hard for us when we finally made the leap. I save the conference issues to make myself feel better, but with the internet they are all right at your fingertips and it is easier to find what you want anyway!
So just do it, then do it as you get them.

Kim said...

I save the conference issues and the ones I haven't finished yet, but once I'm done reading them, we recycle them. With the internet, it's so much easier to just search past issues online.

Kathryn said...

RECYCLE THEM! I know its hard! I had to talk myself into it...but now I love not having to store them. AHHH so nice. I do keep the conference issues for the year! You can do it!

Sharron said...

I had my kids help me while I looked the other way. If pack rats do that themselves, they might stop breathing or worse!

Dansie Family said...

Recycle them of course. just don't put them in the garbage. Think about the last time you actually looked up an article in an old issue of one of the magazines.

Mariah said...

I grew up in my mom's house and saw what happens when you save too many publications, etc. Thus right from the beginning of our marriage we'd read them, cut our name and address off the back cover to shred, and get rid of them. Once our boys have had a Friend for a month the poor thing in in tatters anyway. I justify it as my feeble attempt and getting my house in order. :-)I know that DI has them for sale in the store though too. Sometimes it's easier on the mind to donate, then let them get rid of them. Hee Hee Hee

Robin and Larry said...

Huh! Interesting comments!
I just throw them out.. never gave it another thought!

Scott and Michelle said...

I just had a friend tell me she lets her kids cut out the artwork and put it into a photo album so they have a quiet book for church or conference or home evening or scripture time etc... I think I am goinhg to try that out.

Robin and Larry said...

How is it.. that you have 9 comments?
I think the most I have had is 7..