Saturday, June 27, 2009

Fastest Week in History!!

Jorgen gets married in two weeks in Utah. We are having an open house/reception in our back yard in four weeks. Between now and then, I still have a ton of work to do. So far this week, I've hauled lumber, tile, dirt, firewood, garbage, tree clippings, weeds, etc. to the back area beyond the fence. I've shoveled grass, put it on the bare spots, cleaned the pool, raked dead leaves, placed decorative rock around the pool fence, and I look forward to painting the eaves, the playset, and moving a huge dirt pile from the yard next week. Whew, I'm tired. But, so grateful to parents who taught me how to work by their example. Their yard always looked beautiful.

This is Nick's garden that I faithfully water.
Some plumeria plants from Hawaii, wish they would blossom!
You should have seen the basketball court before I hauled all the stuff away.
The grass is looking green, but still has some bare spots.
I have faith that come July 24th, the yard will look ready for a party! I just hope we don't have a monsoon storm that evening!!

P.S. I'm giving a RS lesson next Sunday, July 5th, on prayer. Any thoughts?

8 comments:

John and Becky Bowler said...

Your yard looks great. How exciting for Jorgen. You will do great on your lesson. :)

Kim Krok said...

WOW seeing that backyard brings back memories!! Swim lessons with Nick, playing with a collection of snakes and other critters, and do you still have that tire swing? I am so excited for Jorgen and wish I could have made it to the open house, we will be in LA on the 24th and are leaving for Sydney on the 25th:( I haven't seen him since before his mission!

Liz said...

I was thinking the same thing how your backyard brought back quite a few memories. YW swim parties, mutual, preschool graduations, good times.

Future Foundation said...

First of all... Larry is very impressed with your backyard.. the garden etc...
2ndly... for your July 5th RS lesson I suggest that you remind everyone that it is ROBIN SHIPLEY'S BIRTHDAY! LOL! :)
Love you! :)

dhillman said...

Wow! You have accomplished a lot!
The yard looks great! Perfect place for a party. Great job.
Lesson on prayer? can't wait. If anything come to mind I will share, but your thoughts are always more interesting.

Dansie Family said...

miss that yard. it just needs a little bit of tp in the trees, then it will be perfect.

Joni said...

Wow! I didn't know you could grow a garden in Tucson. Yours is gorgeous!!! Your yard is looking great and I am sure everything will be perfect come July 24th! Wish we could be there!

Anonymous said...

Linda the yard looks great! I just wish that I could be there to help you!!! Thank you for everything that you are doing for the reception! It is going to be so wonderful!!!!