Friday, January 16, 2009

Earthly Angels

Our friends, the Hansen family, eating Afghani food in Pasadena, CA, taken January 2009.
Elder Jeffery R. Holland gave a wonderful talk on the ministry of angels in the October 2008 General Conference. The summary at the top of the text of his talk in the Ensign says: "God never leaves us alone, never leaves us unaided in the challenges that we face." He was referring to those heavenly and earthly angels who have been given the assignment to help us. This is a picture of a family in California whom I consider to be earthly angels because they have aided our family in a challenge we have had to face. I love them, I am grateful for them, and I will forever feel indebted to the kindness and sacrifice they have shown to my children.

I have not had any visitations of heavenly messengers such as Moroni, or the angel Gabriel, nor am I looking for that miracle because those angels dressed in mortality whom the Lord has sent to aid me or my children in time of need have taught me, lifted, and inspired me. I am the beneficiary of their kindness, compassion, and charity. Look for the mortal angels in your life, they are among all of us. In fact you could be that very angel with an assignment to teach, lift, and inspire.

4 comments:

Kiersten Hart said...

Aunt Linda, I love it so much here! I love blogging because its an easy way to keep everyone updated on what you're doing. Love you!!

dhillman said...

Looks fun and it is great to see Anders. Are you home yet?
What great thoughts, it is amazing the people that are placed in your life at the right time and place. Tender mercies, most definately. I am grateful you are a part of mine.

Sharron said...

Oh my goodness, it is Anders! I was squinting trying to tell if it was. I'm so glad to see him with you. Hope to see you soon, all of you!

Miriam said...

What a great post! You are so right!