With fear and trepidation I left the house this morning at 7:00 a.m. in a shroud of fog. I arrived at the trail head still filled with doubts and questioning my sanity, but I had to slay that dragon, conquer my Goliath and climb that mountain. The same familiar feeling overcame me as the race director said, "go." I was choked up ( and not from being left in the dust) and my eyes watered. "I'm actually running a race." "I'm conquering my fear."
We ran in fog most of the way, eerily beautiful, as were the delicate cobwebs along the trail. Towards the end of the 5 mile run the fog began to lift and blue sky appeared in contrast to the desert greens and browns.. What a beautiful day for trail running.
I didn't fall, I watched the trail continually, and I finished. I can do hard things. I'm ready to conquer life! Yay! And I wore padded gloves!
15 comments:
Good Job Linda!:)
Congratulations!
I am sooo proud of you. I think it is one of the most accomplishing things... to overcome a fear. Way to go.
Hey I am training for a 1/2marathon in mid March if you are interested. A couple of us are making up our own Saturday race. Since the official race is on a Sunday. It is the Day before The Arizona Classic in Oro Valley (I think that is what it is called) Anyhow, I am not sure if it fits into your training plans, but if you would like... you are welcome to join in :)
Yeah! Way to go! I knew you could do it.
You are truly an inspiration. Love you!
Good girl! Keep it up. You show the rest of us that there is always a way to get things done! Thank you!
You go girl! Love the gloves!
Way to go!!! Fear of failure can sure give you a pounding. I'm feeling the same thing for this Ragnar, it seems like there's a lot of opposition to training. Wind, dog bites, stomach flu, sore muscles, shin splints, etc., etc. I will follow your lead and press on. PS love desert behind you, makes me homesick.
Great job!!! I love the gloves. :)
awesome and inspirational as always. and i love that you wore padded gloves. the ragnar relay sounds fun. tom and i are debating whether we should do the ragnar wasatch back up here. we have many friends who put groups together every year and ask us to join, but we haven't yet. maybe this is the year.
Whoo Hoo!!!
oh i wanted to tell you, my sister is putting on a half marathon on april 18 on the east side. it is a saturday race, and i know there aren't many of those in tucson. it is fundraiser for a club at sabino. just thought you might be interested.
linda,
here is the web page http://worldcultureclub.org/Half_Marathon___5K.php
if you register and if you want to specify "emily scholes" (she is my neice) as the student she will get more of the fundarising money for her trip to europe. let everyone you know about it.
thanks
Aunt Linda you rock! And you're such a good writer - that was fun to read (I read it twice). Ditto to what Layla said about the desert. I LOVE TUCSON...
That's sure a good feeling, isn't it?
Linda, your amazing and an inspiration. Congratulations on your achievment. Your sharring helps me to hang in there. I love your blog. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!
So proud! Just have to get over that silly fear thing!
Post a Comment