Friday, January 9, 2009

Tomorrow is the Big Day!


I'm a little nervous about the 9.9 mile trail race I'm "running" tomorrow. I haven't really trained for it - my excuses are: too cold, too tired, too much to do, too this, too that, blah, blah, blah, wah, wah, wah! I know I can do it; it's just how long will it take? I looked at last year's stats and the fastest was 1 hour 46 minutes and the slowest at 3 hours 45 minutes. When I went on New Year's Day, it took over 4 hours! But, but, but it was a casual hike for us that day, not a race. Oh, well, I'll be burning lots of calories and putting more strength in my legs and fanny. That's the real reason I do this crazy stuff. And just like the tortoise in the famous fable, I might be slow, but I'll be steady!

9 comments:

Miriam said...

Good luck tomorrow!

Sharron said...

Well Linda, good luck tomorrow. You did pretty well yesterday at lunch ... yes, I was checking on you, while I was stuffing my face! Love the picture!!

Robin and Larry said...

Never look back... Goodman! :)

Mindie said...

Good Luck, you have way more motivation then me. I hope I can grow up to be just like you.

LucyH said...

Good luck! I'll be thinking about you!

dhillman said...

Good luck...actually you are already racing. I will send good thoughts...you CAN do it!
Love that picture. Let me know how you did

Layla said...

I know about that motivation thing. It's been cold, windy, and I've been busy eating a lot of junk. So I finally got motivated to get serious on Tuesday and within a mile got bit on the leg by a Rottweiler. I'm OK, got a few stitches, and there's some drama with the owner/police dept/hopefully not me going on. But I'm off for my 80 min run in an hour. I'll trudge right along :) Good luck!!! The fact that YOU keep going is one of MY motivators, so thanks!!!

Katrina said...

I hope you are doing great today!! You have been in my heart and prayers!!! I know you can do it, and your not slow at all, you are incredible!! Good luck!!

Dunklees said...

Go Linda! Can't wait to hear how it went!