Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Happy Summer Dayz!!

Anders, Mom, and Shaila lookin' cool in the sun.
(Actually that black shirt doesn't look so cool!)
Shaila and Anders peaking through the mesquite tree.

Last week Nick and I were "empty nesters." This week we have 5 people living with us. Shaila, Anders, Nicci, Dailan, and Magnus fill our home with laughter and entertainment. As they say, never a dull moment. Today we swam, played with toys, visited with Grandma Goodman and Aunt Dolores, watched cartoons, built sand castles, swang (is there such a word?) on the swings, rode bikes, caught bugs, chased spiders, and lots of other cool stuff to do on a perfect summer day. Being a grandma is the absolute best--I wonder why it is so easy to unconditionally love these little ones? Maybe that's it, they're little! And they unconditionally love right back!

A perfect summer day for the swing set!
Great Grandma Ethel Goodman, Magnus and Dailan Magnus setting the table for our Bar-B-Que dinner!
"Great" Grandma Goodman playing with her grandsons!
Today was one of those days that helps me forget my worries, at least for a little while. It's good to be distracted with joyful stuff.

6 comments:

John and Becky Bowler said...

How fun to have a full house!!!

LucyH said...

Tell everyone I said hi!

dhillman said...

Looks like loads of fun...I think I will like being a grandma too!

Robin and Larry said...

I never realized how much the boys look like Gens.. YOU are so lucky.. all I get is DOGS! :(

Joni said...

I can tell that you are a very FUN Grandma!!! My mom is a fabulous Grandma to her grandkids and I have always said that I want to be just like her when I have grandkids. What you described you doing with your grandkids reminded me of my mom. You rock, Grandma Linda!

maia said...

hi Linda! I hope you don't mind me peaking in on you and your family! I was hoping since we are kinda- sorta related, that it would be ok?!? ;)