I went on an awesome hike yesterday evening to Catalina State Park. My hiking has ceased to be because I have let the heat intimidate me, but not last night. I saw the black clouds rolling in over the Catalinas and I told myself that I just had to hit the trail and maybe as a bonus get rained on. It was lovely. I was the sole hiker on the trail to Romero Pools, just me and the birds, lizards, snakes (saw a beautiful black and yellow one), and other creatures. I felt renewed, rejuvenated, and ready to face life again. Adversity brought me back to this childhood love of mine, hiking and being one with Heavenly Father's creations. I thank my creator for trials. I am blessed!
Friday, July 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
i am so glad you commented onmy blog. it was great to hear from you. you look great and way to go with the races! i was hoping to seee nick at the summer games tri. he was there two years ago. hearing from you brings back so many wonderful memories of yws. thanks. i will definitley need to keep in touch now. i'd love to hear more of your fam.
This will be fun...I am excited to see pictures of far away places and hear about things closer to home as well!
Hi Aunt Linda! I'm so glad that you're blogging. You are such an inspiration to me. I'm excited to keep in touch with you for the times in between our visits. Love you!
Hi Linda! So glad you started a blog! You'll have to add mine to your list....
aaronandlucyhansen.blogspot.com
You have such a way with words! Oh that hike sounded wonderful. Hopefully someday in the near future, well after all the heat wears down a bit, I can accompany you on a hike!
Post a Comment